I need your help.
When my friend Kendall told me she needed to see a play for extra credit in her English class, I prepared to be the resident expert. After all, having been in every school play I could audition for, I felt that I knew a little about the theatre. But then, she showed me the list of plays.
I only recognized two.
Normally, I would take this opportunity to pick one play, study up on it, and then let you know what I thought. But this time, instead of trying to teach you something, I want to do things differently. I want to learn something from you.
Here’s how I want this to work.
- You check out the list of plays below.
- If you’ve seen any of them, drop a comment and let me know what you thought (you loved it, you hated it, you slept through it… honesty is of the utmost importance).
- Kendall and I will read your recommendations and let you know what we decide to see.
My motivations aren’t purely selfish. By letting all of you share your thoughts, I hope that we’ll all learn a little more. And you’ll be helping an awesome girl get some extra credit.
So please, take a few seconds and weigh in below. I’ll forever be in your debt.
(Oh, and if you’re wondering: Yes, the concert was incredible. No, I did not attempt to steal the show. I may forever regret it.)
Here’s the list:
- “My Name is Alice” at the Terrific New Theatre, March 26-April 18.
- “Band Geeks” at the Red Mountain Theatre Company, April 16-19.
- “Venus in Fur” at the Birmingham Festival Theatre, April 9-25.
- “Avenue Q” at UAB, April 8-12.
- “Moon Over Buffalo” at Virginia Samford Theatre, April 9-19.
- “Skin of Our Teeth” at Samford University, March 27-29.